Hop Rocks are Fire Element Slugs that are often used as explosive ammunition. They are found in Quiet Lawn Cavern. They are similar to Grenuke Slugs except that the Hop Rocks have a different colour scheme.
- Protoform Abilities - Small burst, like firecrackers.
- Sploder - Medium explosion.
- Meta Mine - Lays a visible field of glowing proximity mines to stop slugs or opponents crossing the area.
- Scrapnel - Explodes in flight creating a burst of glowing hot shrapnel.
- MetalShard - Explodes in mid-air shooting needle-like shards that trap an opponent against a wall.
- Rock Armour: "Hop Rock"+"Rammstone" - The Rammstone will increase in size, and get plated in Hop Rock armour that acts like trip mines and explodes when the fusion hits the opponent, just like the plates on a hop rock.
Hop Rocks are one of the most commonly used Slugs in SlugTerra, especially when it comes to battling.
In addition to being a common Slug, and therefore easy to acquire, Hop Rocks have a solid move set. Even an inexperienced Hop Rock can do serious damage with a Sploder move, dealing a solid hit to a single opponent or damaging the surrounding terrain.
With Meta Mine, a Hop Rock can control the battlefield, which is excellent for any Slinger whose style tends more towards the strategic.
Upon learning Scrapnel, a Hop Rock also becomes an excellent option for duels where more than two Slugs are in play at any given time, since the Hop Rock can deal damage to multiple targets with a single move.