Hop Jacks have a dirty yellow skin and blue backing (and marks coming from the below their body), as well as small green spikes in place of the red markings on their non-Ghouled selves. They have pure red eyes.
When transformed, their skin and armor keep the same colors. Their armor covers the back of their hands and tails. Their shells are covered in stout green spikes and their hands have green claws on each finger.
- Protoform Abilities - Firecrackers.
- Skizzler - Sizzles as it flies, producing a medium-sized explosion.
- Blastfield - Lays small sparking balls as a proximity mine field - an opponent's first trip causes a chain reaction.
- Shrieknel - Explodes in front of an opponent- one large explosion followed by multiple smaller blasts.
- Blastrap - Morphs into smaller balls to form a floating explosive minefield around an opponent.
hop jack is a destructive ghoul, and his use is offensively- based. skizzler is a strong move that can be usefull even outside of battle by destroying obstacles. blastfield is more of a strategic move, that can knock out more foes at once. shrieknel is a strong move right as skizzler.
Hop Jacks are destructive as their non-Ghouled selves, though at a higher intensity. Skizzler can be used for damaging anything in the environment. Blastfield is more strategic, as the chain reaction damage could be intense. Shrieknel, like Blastfield, the chain reaction can cause a lot of damage in a short amount of time but there's less control of location. Blastrap is similar to Blastfield with the separate sources of destruction, but only around a specific target to snuff them out...
- The World Beneath Our Feet Part 1 (First appearance)
- The Trade
- The Slugout
- The Slug Run
- Shadows and Light
- Mario Bravado
- The Journey Home
- The Unbeatable Master
- What Lies Beneath
- The Return
- King of Sling
- Keys to the Kingdom
- Back to Blakk
- Bandoleer of Brothers
- Dark as Night
- Light as Day
- Slugterra: Ghoul from Beyond
- Slugterra: Return of the Elementals
- Slugterra: Eastern Caverns
- Second Chances
- Get Pronto
- Eastern Tech
- Slug Day
- The Fall of the Eastern Champion (Appears in flashback(s))
- The Lady and the Sword
- The Emperor Strikes Back
- The Return of the Eastern Champion
- Slugterra: Into the Shadows
- This is the only Ghoul to have a complete design change in season 2.
- Hop Jacks were almost the only ghoul used in Season 1.
- The Hop Jack is not in Slugterra: Slug It Out 2
- In the world beneath our feet part 1 a hop jack broke the fourth wall by screeching at the spectators