DHX Media, formerly Decode Halifax Media, is a Canadian media production, distribution and broadcasting company. Formed in 2006 by the merger of Decode Entertainment and Halifax Film Company, the company is a prominent producer and international distributor of children's television. It is based in Halifax, Canada.
Following numerous acquisitions, DHX have bought and companies such as Cookie Jar Company and Nerd Corps Entertainment are now a division of them.
On December 23rd 2014, DHX Media acquired Nerd Corps Entertainment and its properties. Nerd Corps, now known as "DHX Studios Vancouver", was a Canadian animation company that produced shows such as Storm Hawks, Rated A for Awesome, League of Super Evil and Slugterra.
Launch of new channels
Family Channel and Disney XD are and were the official home of Slugterra in Canada, but on April 15th 2015, DHX Media announced that they would be launching new channels, Family Jr. and Family CHRGD.
DHX Interactive is a division that oversees & develops the company's games, websites and mobile apps, which includes Slugterra.
Since acquiring Nerd Corps Entertainment, the orginial producer of Slugterra, DHX Media has co-produced Season Three, made three mobile games (Slugslinger Showdown, Guardian Force & Slug It Out 2), and now co-produce Slugterra: Slug It Out! and produced Season Four.
- Since Nerd Corps Entertainment was rebranded as DHX Studios Vancouver as of 2016, Slugterra: Slug Fu Showdown which was released in 2015 still retained the Nerd Corps brand; the DHX branding was introduced in Season 3.
- ↑ http://www.dhxmedia.com/newsreleases/deal-adds-experienced-team-animation-capacity-and-library-titles/
- ↑ http://www.dhxmedia.com/newsreleases/dhx-media-closes-nerd-corps-acquisition/
- ↑ http://www.dhxmedia.com/newsreleases/dhx-media-to-acquire-family-channel-and-three-other-childrens-channels-from-bell-media/
- ↑ http://www.dhxmedia.com/newsreleases/dhx-media-receives-crtc-approval-on-170m-acquisition-of-family-channel-and-three-other-childrens-channels/
- ↑ http://www.dhxmedia.com/newsreleases/dhx-media-closes-family-channel-acquisition-and-announces-management-changes-2/
- ↑ http://www.dhxmedia.com/newsreleases/dhx-media-to-extend-family-channel-brand-feature-new-and-original-content/
- ↑ http://www.dhxmedia.com/newsreleases/dhx-television-to-introduce-family-jr-telemagino-and-chrgd-this-fall/